Winter is in full effect right now on the Salmon River. The lake effect snow and single digits at night means slush will start being a factor. Here are a few tips to help you be successful.
- No need to start at first light. Usually the bite doesn’t start til the sun hits the water and the air temp rises.
- Fish slow and deep especially in higher flows.
- Fish flies you have confidence in.
- Concentrate on the guts and tail-out of pools.
- Dress appropriately, wear layers and it help to be in a drift boat with heaters.